Friday, November 5, 2010

The Brûlée Scarf

This is a scarf I made about a month ago!






 I found four different buttons that I thought looked good together and sewed them on at the end of the project. It's a scarf length, but for some reason when you put it on it looks like a big bulky cowl, which I love. I love cowls and I love scarves. This project is like a scarf-cowl. It's 100% merino wool in a grey color that has a hint of plum in it too, or maybe it's just my eyes tricking me! I did not make up this pattern but it's easy enough! It was my second time crocheting (just the little ruffly ends are crocheted). This project was a beautiful mindless and relaxing project. It was just garter stitch the whole length and then ruffly-crochet ends on each end. About two inches before casting off make four button holes. Then comes the edges and sewing on the buttons. Here's the real pattern if the way I explain it is confusing in anyway: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/brulee-scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment