Sunday, October 3, 2010

Petal Tote

I used to spend birthday money on yarn. One time when I had birthday money, I bought a lot expensive wool and knitted this bag. It's definitely a compliment-collector bag. You can't go anywhere with this bag and expect compliments not to be flowing at you from every direction. So I suggest, if you make this bag and decide to put it into use, that you do your makeup that day because everyone will be looking at you -or at least your bag! It is made from some very colorful wools. It is lined and has a magnetic clasp to hole the top together! It was my first lining of a project that I've made, and I am proud of myself for the attempt. Here's a link to the original thing: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mod-pod-tote. I did do the petals differently now that I think about it, the original had more flat of petals, mine are a little more child-like and curvy towards the ends. Here's what it turned out like: 



1 comment:

  1. Gee wiz, what a nice tote bag you have:) It definitely deserves mad-sick-props. Cheerieos:)

    ReplyDelete